Monday, September 8, 2008

But is it Better Than The York Fair?

Your trip sounds really fantastic.

The whole time I'm reading it I keep from being jealous by thinking"How does Char type all those fancy French names without looking at her fingers while she's typing?" I can't say them, type them, or see them. What a loser!

I can only add that it's Fair time here in York. This event tops Harley week and Antique Car Week by a mile with the locals. Lots of Country music, greased racing pigs, ag displays, and 4-H projects.

I am imagining the view of the Dolomites from your bedroom windows, I see the Pigeon Hills from mine. The tent caterpillars are bad this year so am enjoying them while they are still green with trees. Next year they may be brown with dead trees. Which of course just adds to the mystery of life.

Your pictures are very good and are missing only one thing. Me.

(dog)Chow

1 comment:

Char said...

We miss you too, Beck. No tent caterpillars here, but the Italian mosquitoes must have a thing for American blood. They are sneaky little things. I'm trying to catch my breath to get some more pictures of our surroundings and get them uploaded. We just started classes today but have been soooooo busy with meetings and settling in.
How's Hannah liking school? How are you empty nesters doing?