Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Frantic Pace as We Near August 1st

The paperwork has been completed ... for the most part! We are still unsure if we need a visa? Charlene has been killing herself with train schedules and travel and trip destinations for the girls' Spring semester and return trip home. Today Charlene showed me a small travel booklet which she has put together which shows the detailed layout of their trip (I didn't see any bathroom stops, but I feel sure that this is a minor oversight!). I am sitting on the back porch with a small bourbon on the rocks, a cigar, and the Phillies game going on the radio (Phils vs Mets - 9th inning and the Phils are down by 3 runs two on and the tying run coming to the plate -1st place in the NLE is at stake) and am attempting my first blog. It doesn't get any better than this. It's now bases loaded, and no outs with the winning run at the plate,
Char has been working on her Italian as has Abbey to a lesser extent. The house is in an uproar with racks of clothing for the trip hung in every room. We bought Emma a digital camera for the trip and she is excited, and has been having a ball with it. We got her a carrying case with a strap which she can put around her neck and a strap for the camera which I have hooked on the carrying case strap so that it can't be dropped, or easily put down and left somewhere. We will see if it actually makes it to Italy! The Phils have scored a run and still have the bases loaded. Hope springs eternal! We could still win! Flash! The Phils have just tied up the game! No outs yet! Another Flash! The Phils have another hit by J. Rollins and it is now a 7 to 5 Phils lead and still no outs! CRUSH THOSE METS! Howard gets an RBI and it is now 8 to 5. The Mets are in deep doodoo! YAZOO! The Mets bull pen has imploded! The inning is over, but we have the lead! Bottom of the 9th, can we hold them off?
I am starting to prep my new course (Managerial Economics) some fun! I need to get some course packs together by the 1st of August for copying for my students. All of this prep will pay off shortly. Wow, the reality of this trip is starting to sink in. I am busy finishing up income tax extensions for some of my tax clients. There are at least two clients who will drag it out to the last week that I can complete them. I am betting one will not make it! Such is life!
Thursday I will go up to the farm and get ready for our week of milking for my brother-in-law who will head off to Boy Scout camp for a week. It will be a nice change of pace for him, and a big change of pace for us. Mornings come early when you need to get up at 4:00 am for milking. I have been reading some books on French and Italian cheeses. I hope to visit some small cottage cheesemaking farms in Italy. This could be preparation for my retirement hobby, or my next career. Flash! The Fighting Phils have just won the game! What a great comeback! Time for a little more refreshment to celebrate! I will muster more trip thoughts later. I am all done in for now!

1 comment:

Char said...

Okay, Tim; gotta love the play-by-play. Wonder what Randy will say when he reads this entry!!!